Sunday, January 22

Shine, Jesus, Shine--through me

"To be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Eph. 4:23-24
-
Okay, okay so new years' came and went without me giving more than a minute of my time to coming up with "resolutions." But after being back at southwestern for almost a week now, i've have thought plenty about how to better my character in this new year.
-
First off, I have decided that i will no longer allow myself to feel depressed about things in my life that i cannot change. This past year i've carefully hid myself from the world around me, and held back so much. I want to be brave, be vulnerable. I want to take initiative, be consistent, be involved. I want to be defined- think through what i believe and how i feel. And i want to be concerned. I don't want to just be "okay" with whatever and whomever comes my way. I want to live passionately and i think i'd like to make a difference here.
-
Tomorrow is a new day. A start, and maybe a new beginning for me.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i realize this is way late.... but i just read it. and i totally totally agree with what you said. i am always letting myself be dissatisfied with where i'm at.. and kinda just whining and getting through each day instead of being passionate about every moment. rar. but i'm so glad you feel the same :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home