Saturday, August 27

turning brighter

yesterday was one of those unexpected surprise days. it started out the same as every other day as i attended my first year seminar class, payed the library a visit, and went to a few more orientation meetings. around 4:00 in the afternoon, however, my day seemed to just keep getting better and better. well, i guess to start with, this whole week has been a drag because of how difficult i was finding it to get out there and make some friends. but, around four thirty, my friend leigh from my seminar came up to my room and we both went to dinner together outside. there i met some more people from my dorm i hadn't met yet. we had cotton candy and snow cones and popcorn as well. yipee! after meeting and getting to know some new faces there, my roommate and i headed back to our room. around eight i left with my roommate to join a group who went to get ice cream. i just tagged along, but i met some more first years and some upper classmen. yay. :) then we got back to the dorm, some more girls stopped by our room. we talked some befored heading out in the hall and ending up in another room a few doors down. yay, i met another girl on my floor. then, this morning, i had brunch with my roommate and yet another girl from my floor.
The reason why i've carried on with this terribly long, somewhat repetitive story is because i feel it attests to the greatness of God. it was merely two days ago when i was feeling, well.... just plain sad! about things, and asked God for some help. after one little prayer, He has been showing me exactly how much He is going to take care of me here. isn't that amazing? He has answered my prayers.

4 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger nathaniel ma said...

powerful.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Andrew L. said...

Sometimes when you staple your arm a lot, you can make friends with the nurse's aid.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Renee Dekker said...

that's right andrew, i remember. :) i should try that sometime...

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Renee Dekker said...

i know what you mean! i feel like it's finals week at faith or something... haha. but, you're right things are getting better, and we should be used to this pace in no time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home